Honorary and Life Members
Bristol Yacht Club honors individuals who have demonstrated exceptional contributions to the larger sailing or boating community and or BYC itself with Honorary or Life Memberships.
Honorary and Life Membership Information
Either a member or non-member may be named an Honorary Member.
Guidelines for selecting Honorary Members may include but should not be limited to:
- Widely recognized extraordinary sailing, boating, or seamanship accomplishment
- Clearly demonstrated long term and/or extraordinary service to the Bristol Yacht Club or the greater yachting community
Either a member or past member may be named a life member
Guidelines for selecting Life Members may include but should not be limited to:
- Demonstrated long term and extraordinary service to the Bristol Yacht Club
- Demonstrates exceptional support, encouragement and promotion of yachting, seamanship and club activities
- Nominations submitted by three (3) or more members, or one member with two additional letters of recommendation will carry greater weight with the committee.
- Voting at annual meeting will be by secret, printed ballot.
- Deadline for submitting nominations shall be September 30.
- The Life and Honorary Membership Committee does not initiate submission of names for nomination.
- The Life and Honorary Membership Committee shall meet only if submissions for nomination are received before September 30.
- Under normal circumstances, only one person may be nominated by the committee for each category in any year.
The following nominations have been received and are eligible for voting at the next annual meeting:
Nomination for Lifetime Member:
Nomination for Honorary Member: